Open Window, Classics!
Chamber Theatre Productions offers students the opportunity to participate in a live theatre experience. For many, this will be the student’s first exposure to a theatrical event. The audience is an integral part of the performance, and we welcome the energy and excitement the students bring to our productions.
It is the audience’s responsibility to ensure everyone’s enjoyment of the show by adhering to proper theatre etiquette. Teachers should discuss appropriate behavior prior to the performance, and all students should understand and abide by the following guidelines:
- Please leave any electronic devices, such as cameras, cell phones, iPods or similar MP3 players, and recording devices at home. Any source of distraction will be removed by theatre management.
- Hats and bags should be left at school or on the bus.
- Due to potential accidents, no food or beverages are allowed in the theatre. If you have brought sack lunches, please leave them on the bus.
- Talking and whispering are inappropriate and distracting to audience members and to the actors.
- To ensure everyone gets a chance to use the restrooms, students should go in small groups and must be accompanied by a chaperone.
- Throwing objects or defacing theatre property will not be tolerated and are grounds for immediate ejection from the theatre.
- Chamber Theatre does not allow babes in arms. Please make any necessary arrangements.
- While we do not have an established dress code, we have found that a well-dressed audience tends to be a well-behaved audience. Dressing up also makes the day more of an event rather than simply a day off from school.
- Teachers and chaperones must take an active role in monitoring students. Adequate and active supervision is essential to maintain appropriate behavior. Special security personnel have been added and should be sought out if a problem arises. In order to preserve the integrity of the production, we reserve the right to eject students or groups due to inappropriate behavior. If such an event occurs, there will be no refunds.
With proper theatre etiquette, we are sure that you and your students will find this field trip to be an exciting and rewarding experience. Enjoy the show!